Monday, June 7, 2010

Random Thoughts and Safari Predictions

- This evening I brought some zebra cakes from the supermarcado. Here they are called Blanquitos. I'm very much looking forward to seeing what Little Debbie's African cousin has in store for us on the road to the Limpopo.
- Yesterday we were on a small island in the Indian Ocean. The small vendors had hand-make wood trinkets that I must admit I found impressive. Today I found out that those same wood trinkets were all over the city of Maputo. Apparently, Maputo has a mass-distribution system of commodities to street vendors. They say Che Guevera is a hero but Capitalism is the dominant force.
- Tomorrow we head out for 4 days for the hiking safari. Kenny informed us that he is going to take Immodium-AD for the four days.... but seriously, what kind of wussy man isn't willing to take a crap in the woods? I don't expect in any real danger from the safari. Since it is the winter here we do not expect the bugs to be bad, or to see any cobras, black mambas, etc. Even though I think it would be awesome to see a black mamba, I have been told that is extremely unlikely. Other than that we might see a few of the big 5, but overally I think the safari will be a nice walk through the Mozambique hills.
- See yall in Swaziland for the World Cup.

Blogger out.

1 comment:

  1. Keep the Spirit up John, your attitude is better than the other 4C guys I know on your tour! ;-)

    ReplyDelete